This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
High Point Holidays LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales at 5 Enfield Drive, Evercreech, Shepton Mallet, Somerset BA4 6LL. Registration number OC333420
1. Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.highpointholidays.co.uk This includes information provided at the time of any initial holiday enquiry or brochure request.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion operated by High Point Holidays.
- Information that you provide at the time of booking, or subsequently, that may include some or all the following information relating to you or your group: names, addresses, contact details, payment details, information relating to medical conditions and dietary requirements, emergency contact details as well as age and height (in the case of cycling holidays.) If you remain a customer, we will maintain records of your previous bookings to verify any loyalty discount that you are entitled to.
- We may use personal data provided by you about other individuals, such as those in your party when you make a booking. By providing other people’s personal data, you must be sure that they agree to this and you are authorised to provide it. You should also ensure that, where appropriate, they understand how their personal data may be used by us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence as necessary to provide the appropriate service.
- We ask customers to complete feedback surveys that we use for research purposes and for testimonials. It is not compulsory to complete them, but if we have not heard from you in relation to your holiday we may follow up with an e-mail, to check that your holiday was to your satisfaction. The surveys also help us understand whether you are likely to book again and what holidays you may be interested in.
- Where relevant where our services are advertised by another tour company or travel agent, we may receive personal data from these intermediaries.
In addition, if you are contacting us in a business capacity, we may collect information you provide concerning the services you provide or your business relationship with us.
2. Uses made of the information
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes via a form on our website or through direct correspondence.
- To process your booking, brochure request and any holiday information requests, provide your holiday arrangements and to provide you with a personal service and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us including to communicate with you regarding your booking.
- To provide you and, if appropriate, any tour guides with information and advice to ensure that you are able and capable of participating in the holiday arrangements.
- To respond to adhoc queries you may direct to us at any time.
- To check the accuracy of your personal information if any are deemed to be inaccurate or changed, such as if a brochure has been returned.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about any of our holidays that may interest you.
- To notify you of any relevant changes to our services that may affect you.
- To respond to and manage any accidents or other incidents, including for medical and insurance purposes.
- To follow up on customers holidays for the purposes of feedback, research and development, and to help with the development and improvement of our services and range
In brief, we may contact you to enable you to benefit from our offering in the following circumstances:
- Asking you for information necessary to process your holiday arrangements.
- Sending you brochures with our holidays for the coming season.
- To follow up on brochure requests at an appropriate time, to provide any service we can to help with any holiday arrangements.
- Providing you with newsletters to keep you up to date with our holiday range, offering and pricing.
- Providing information and guidance to help you make informed choices about our holidays, destinations and services.
- To get your feedback on our holidays or services.
- We process feedback to improve our holidays as well as providing testimonials that help others understand what previous customers may have to say about a holiday. Some quotes are then used along with the customers surname and country. This is to demonstrate that the comments are actual and genuine; i.e. we have a traceable source for the feedback. If you do not want any feedback attributed to you on our website, we will remove your name at your request.
- From time-to-time, our staff, travelling companions or appointed photographers and suppliers may take photographs or video footage of holidays. These pictures may be used in future marketing materials and stored physically and digitally. You have the right to decline to be photographed whilst participating in our holidays. Should you not wish to be filmed or photographed and images of you used in this manner, please make your wishes known to your tour leader. Should an identifiable image of you be displayed in our website or brochures, we will on request remove these from our website without delay and delete the image from our records to prevent any future use.
- We will only use your data for legitimate marketing purposes where we believe our services will be of interest to you when you have contacted us or made a holiday booking with us and you have not told us that you no longer wish to receive marketing messages.
- You can ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can do this by unsubscribing from our newsletter at any time. You can also ask us by contacting us by e-mail. Similarly, you can request not to receive brochures. You may from time to time receive e-mails checking whether you wish to receive new season brochures.
3. Disclosure of your information:
When you make a travel booking with us, certain of the personal data you provide will be required to be passed to and processed and stored by relevant third parties, so that they can provide you with the arrangements you require. For example, accommodation providers will be provided with your names. We only provide those companies with the personal details relating to our clients which they require to deliver the service.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, safety of High Point Holidays LLP, our customers, or others.
Where necessary or where we have the right to do so, we will share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, holiday service suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you or for the provision of services that we agree to provide to you.
4. How long will we hold on to your information?
We will retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. At the end of that period the data that we hold will be securely destroyed.
5. Your rights
You have certain rights over your personal data. These rights include: -
- Access to your personal data: You have a right of access to personal data held by us. This right may be exercised by emailing us at email@example.com. We will aim to respond to any requests for information promptly, and in any event within 30 days.
- Amendments: To update, correct or rectify any personal data held to us, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the required changes and we will make the necessary amendments.
- Withdrawal of consent: You have a right to withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data at any time. To withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data please email us at email@example.com.
- Right of Data Portability: You have the right to receive any personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from us. In exercising this right, you shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from us to another data controller where technically feasible.
You can also ask us for the following information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- where it is possible for us to provide the information, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- where we have not collected the data from you, any available information as to their source.
You can ask us to erase any data that we hold about you where one of the following grounds applies:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw your consent to the processing and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- you object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation and our legitimate grounds for processing do not override your interests;
- you object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in European Union or Member State law to which we are subject.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, how and why we process personal data or wish to exercise any of the rights contained herein, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy
This policy will be kept under regular review and therefore may change from time to time to ensure our continued compliance with data protection legislation.